Saturday, August 13, 2011

Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott

Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott

YA, Realistic Fiction

Rating: 5 Stars

Abby accepted that she can’t measure up to her beautiful, magnetic sister Tess a long time ago, and knows exactly what she is: Second best. Invisible.

Until the accident.

Now Tess is in a coma, and Abby’s life is on hold. It may have been hard living with Tess, but it's nothing compared to living without her.

She's got a plan to bring Tess back though, involving the gorgeous and mysterious Eli, but then Abby learns something about Tess, something that was always there, but that she’d never seen.

Abby is about to find out that truth isn't always what you think it is, and that life holds more than she ever thought it could...

First Thoughts: I actually got this book from FreeBookFriday.com. I love that site. Every week they have a contest to giveaway free books. They have expanded and now give away 4 different genres every week: Fiction, Teens, Romance, and Indie. I'm usually a fantasy type girl. Give me witches, vampires, and magical powers and I am in heaven. But the synopsis got me thinking I should at least enter because I know it would be something I would enjoy.

Writing Style: Elizabeth seems really good at making people believe what she is writing. You could feel how sad and lonely Abby was. It was very moving and Elizabeth had a fantastic way of showing you exactly how Abby felt.

Characters: Abby is like any other depressed teenager. She is really depressed though. She thinks everyone chooses her sister, Tess, over her and she lives in the shadows of Tess but really isn't. Abby just made some bad choices when she knew they were bad. Tess is not a great character though, in the beginning. She sounded full of herself and absorbed, maybe even obsessed with her image. It turns out to be more than that and near the end you start to connect with her. I love Eli. He is perfectly imperfect. He is the kind of character I would like to see more often. People are obsessed with these gorgeous, mysterious guys who will sweep them off their feet and Eli is nothing like that. It's fantastic.

Final Thoughts: I loved this book. It's not my type of reading but after reading it I could not help but giving it 5 stars. It's a great story that could happen to anybody. It brings you to the real world and you see that the issues that happen in this book actually do happen in real life. Teenagers become obsessed with their looks and sometimes make choices that put them in danger. Depression is a real issue many teens are dealing with. There are other things that teens are going through that has to do with this book but I don't want to spoil it. If you read it you will know exactly what I mean. I recommend people to read this book. It's a wonderful book.


post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This book is definitely going on my to-read list!! Thanks for the awesme review :)