Saturday, July 2, 2011

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Book:
This is my favorite book out of the series. All the books are great but this one is my absolute favorite. J.K. keeps the drama but doesn't get to dark in this one. There are so many funny parts in this on I just love it! It's the last short book but it was good.

Favorite Scenes:
~Harry's birthday presents.
~Harry's stay at the Leaky Cauldron and Diagon Alley
~The scene where the trio meets and Hermione buys Crookshanks.
~The noisemakers at Christmas dinner that had prizes inside. That would be so cool to have.
~The scene where Ron saw Sirius Black standing over him with a knife. We all know who he was really trying to kill but of course they don't.







Movie:
This is also my favorite movie. This movie got darker. They set apart from the first two with darker colors and Harry Potter's new hairstyle (his hair is too long in the first two and the next one, too ugly looking). The old Dumbledore actor died and I have to say I like the new one better. He is much more crazy, the other one was too calm. I also love the music in this one. So much I actually own the soundtrack. It's awesome!

Favorite Scenes:
~The opening scene of Harry practicing his spells.
~The Knight Bus!
~The dementors turned out better than what I imagined in my head. They are so creepy.
~The boggart scene was very amusing
~Outside the Shrieking Shack with the invisible Harry throwing snowballs at Malfoy and pulling down someone's pants. So hilarious!
~Hermione punching Malfoy in the face!



Quotes:
~"I thought we'd seen the worst when we bought two hundred copies of the Invisible Book of Invisibility - cost a fortune, and we never found them..." -Owner of Flourish and Blotts (book)
~"You look in excellent health to me, Potter, so you will excuse me if I don't let you off homework today. I assure you that if you die, you need not hand it in." -Minerva McGonagall (book)
~"No, but you if you jab with a fork, they feel!" -Shrunken Head (Knight Bus, movie)
~"Spiders...the spiders...they want me to tap-dance. I don't want to tap-dance!" -Ron Weasley (movie)
~"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" -Hermione Granger (movie)


Scenes from the book that should be in the movie:
~I loved the part where Harry stayed at the Leaky Cauldron and spent time in Diagon Alley. Also Florean Fortescue giving Harry free ice cream. :)
~Actually the whole Diagon Alley scene. Harry going to the shop, meeting the Weasleys and Hermione there, Hermione buying her cat. That would have all been cool.
~Crookshanks entire role in the book would have been cool. Knowing Scabbers wasn't who he really was and helping them get into the Shrieking Shack.
~Harry having his first meeting with Lupin in his office. In Death Hallows Part 1, Lupin asks Harry what creature was in his room when they first met alone and Harry answers but it wasn't put in this movie.
~The Gryffindors winning the Quidditch Cup.
~The ending where Harry scares the Dursleys by telling them about his Godfather. I would have preferred that over the broom which should have came earlier in the movie.


Next up: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


post signature

No comments: