Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

I was pretty excited when this book came out. I can still remember the day. I got and I didn't stop reading until I was done. I got a Gryffindor bracelet when I got it. I love it! Here, though, I am only reviewing up to the part they cut off in the movie.

Book:
I never get tired of saying how amazing Harry Potter is. The entire book series was such an amazing journey. This book is brought to a whole new level for the dedicated fans. We watched Harry grow up and we fell in love with Hogwarts but in Part 1 we are away from the comfort of Hogwarts and head first into this war. We get this whole new experience with Harry Potter and I was enjoying it the whole time.

Favorite Scenes:
~The goodbye to the Dursleys. It was final and it was nice to see Dudley had changed from the selfish brat to at least caring about Harry.
~Hargrid finding out Norbert is actually a girl dragon and they changed the name to Norberta.
~The releasing of Dumbledore's will and the trio arguing with Scrimgeour.
~Bill and Fleur's wedding, pretty much that entire chapter.
~Kreacher and Harry becoming somewhat friends. If not that, an understanding of eachother.
~The emotional scene of Harry seeing his parent's graves, old house, and the sign that people had written notes to Harry.
~The escape from the Lovegood's House. I love Hermione and that scene expresses just how smart that girl is. I love it.
~Potterwatch!!


Movie:
I am just in awe with this movie. It definitely stayed true to the book as much as it could, using what they could from earlier movies. It had so much drama and the actors really pulled through to show us exactly what it would be like to be there during that war. I still can't get over how great this movie was. Just amazing!

Favorite Scenes:
~The seven Potters of course. Who doesn't love that scene? "We're identical!"
~Bill and Fleur's wedding. Fleur's dress is so beautiful. I am just in love with her dress.
~Polyjuice potion at the Ministry. So many funny parts but also keeping up with the drama and action.
~Godric's Hollow.
~The run in the woods. So heart pounding!
~Obviously the action at the Malfoy Manor. I still can't get over what Dobby said. "Dobby never meant to kill anyone...only maim or seriously injure." OMG so funny!
~I feel bad for saying Dobby's death scene but it was better than I could have imagined. Not him dying but the dramatic way he died and his last words. It was so heartbreaking. Dobby had a big impact in Harry's life and he lost him. I didn't cry but I almost did. My sister was sitting next to me and she was just sobbing. They definitely got that scene perfect and showed just how much danger they were in. How close they were to death.


Scenes from the book that should have been in the movie:
~Lupin and Harry's fight. That seemed important to me.
~Hermione taking the portrait of Phineas Nigellus. How did the 'owner' (in case it's
a spoiler I'm not putting the name) of the doe patronus know where Harry and Hermione were?

Because they split the last book into two movies there was more time to fill it with important things from the book there isn't much I disagree with. They did a fantastic job with staying as close to the book as possible.

Quotes:
~"I don't think you're a waste of space." -Dudley Dursley to Harry Potter
~"Oh, it can't be a reference to the fact Harry's a great Seeker, that's way to obvious, there must be a secret message from Dumbledore hidden in the icing!" -Hermione Granger
~"Perhaps just one more, Master Harry, for luck?" -Kreacher
~"Fine, I'll stay here. Let me know if you ever defeat Voldemort, won't you?" -Harry Potter
~"And are they getting married in my bedroom? No! So why in the name of Merlin's saggy left-" -Ron Weasley
~"We wouldn't last two days without her...don't tell her I said that." -Ron Weasley about Hermione Granger

**This was a deleted scene from the movie but I loved it so much I thought for those who didn't know get to hear it.**
~"You think I don't know what they're capable of? You didn't just lose a mother that night in Godric's Hollow, you know. I lost a sister." -Petunia Dursley to Harry Potter


Tribute to Dobby, the free elf.

Sadness!

~"Dobby has no master. Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!" -Dobby

~"What a beautiful place...to be with friends." -Dobby

~"I want to bury him. Properly, without magic." -Harry Potter

~"Here lies Dobby, a free elf." -Dobby's gravestone


Next up: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2


post signature

No comments: