Friday, July 8, 2011

Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix

Book:
This is the only book I have that has been pretty much destroyed. I have read it so much it is in terrible shape. It is completely worn. This book is fantastic! I guess Prisoner Azkaban is my favorite but I think this is my absolute favorite. It's awesome. So much action and drama. It is the start of the end. Where the war begins. A perfect introduction to the war I might add.

Favorite Scenes:
~When Harry first went to the Grimmauld Place and everything that happened there. The spying, the cleaning, everything.
~Hagrid's tale of the giants and the lesson on threstrals.
~Cho and Harry's date where she becomes a complete psycho. I'm definitely Team Ginny! Cho is a stuck up snot. (I hate girls like that so sorry if I got completely crazy there.)
~Rita Skeeters role of course. It's hard not to like Rita Skeeter. She is so deliciously evil with words. I am sad her role was taken away from this movie too.
~The visit to St. Mungos.
~The ending where Mad-Eye, Tonks, and Arthur talk to the Dursleys about how they treat Harry. It is so funny!


Movie:
The movie is the right kind of dark. The new character were perfectly cast (like Tonks!) and Harry's hair is back to normal. There was a lot of scenes left out that would have been great to see but they did amazing with the time they had. The movie is great but of course the book is way better.

Favorite Scenes:
~The broomstick ride to Grimmauld Place and Grimmauld Place itself.
~Finally seeing the thestrals. They are more amazing in the films than in my head. They are creepy but in a beautiful kind of way. Unique.
~Hermione accidently calling Luna 'Loony' right in front of her.
~Umbridge's detention punishment turned out just as creepy as it was in the book. They did a fantastic job with picking the perfect actress who could get that crazy but evil look.
~The fight at the Ministry is great. The Department of Mysteries was brought to life and it's mysteriousness was clearly shown.
~The battle between Voldemort and Dumbledore was awesome!! We finally got to see an adult duel and it was fantastic.
~Harry being possessed by Voldemort was amazing. I loved they way they did it. Everytime I watch it, it gives me chills.


Scenes from the book that should have been in the movie:
~Ron and Hermione becoming Prefects.
~Hagrid teaching the class about thestrals. Luna telling Harry was okay but I liked Hagrid's way of doing it better.
~I'm still torn on whether I like that Cho tattled in the movie or her friend, Marietta tattled in the book. Hermione's curse would have been cool to see.
~Harry Giving the interview to Rita Skeeter for the Quibbler.
~I think they definitely should have included Mad-Eye, Tonks, and Arthur's conversation with the Dursleys in the end.


Quotes:
~"Don't put your wand there, boy! What if it ignited? Better wizards than you have lost buttocks, you know!" -Mad-Eye Moody

~"But Dumbledore says he doesn't care what they do as long as they don't take him of the Chocolate Frog cards." -Bill Weasly

~"I expect what you're not aware of would fill several books, Dursley," -Mad-Eye Moody

~"Dumbledore's Army's supposed to be about doing something real. Or was all that just words to you?" -Neville Longbottom

~"Harry...It's not how you are alike. It' show you are not..." -Albus Dumbledore

~"You're the weak one. And you'll never know love, or friendship. And I feel sorry for you." -Harry Potter

Next up: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


post signature

No comments: