Monday, July 11, 2011

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Book:
I know I keep saying it, but this book is awesome. The war is finally out in the open and no one can hide it anymore. The books just seem to get bigger and bigger too. Dark times are ahead and I love how J.K. Rowling shows how much darkness but also adds in all that humor.

Favorite Scenes:
~Dumbledore's meeting with the Dursleys
~When Harry is in bed and everyone just comes up and starts to have conversations with him. And Fleur pops in to say hello, Harry gets self-conscious and pulls his blankest up knocking Hermione and Ginny on the floor.
~I love all the drama between Ron and Hermione and Lavender. It is just so funny. It shows that everyone is grown up more and they are just like normal teenagers.
~All of the scenes that Dumbledore and Harry entered the Pensieve. I am kind of sad most of them were gone in the movie but they were great in the book.
~Ron eating the 'love potion' chocolate and then getting poisoned. It was a great scene even if poor Ron got hurt.


Movie:
The movie was what I wanted it to be and more. It was a dark movie but had so many funny scenes just like the book. Even if they weren't all the same funny scenes from the book, they kept the mood from the book in this movie. I loved that they did that. They added a few new things to it too that actually worked perfectly. Like the fight at the Burrow scene. It set the mood and showed exactly how dangerous that time was.

Favorite Scenes:
~I loved when Ginny saw Hedwig and asked if Harry was there and everybody popped their heads over the stairs saying he wasn't there and Ginny says, "Apparently he's wondering about the house." So funny!
~The added fight at the Burrow scene. It shows just how much danger they are all in.
~Harry being all sarcastic and hilarious after he took Felix Felicis. The whole pincers thing got me laughing so hard it hurt.
~Harry and Hermione talking in the stairwell about how love hurts. I like how they had her admit that she knew he had feelings for Ginny instead of Ginny telling him Hermione knew. It showed just how good of friends they were.


Scenes from the book that should have been in the movie:
~Dumbledore picking Harry up from the Dursleys. At the train station is fine but that scene was important and I thought they would do it. It put the Dursleys in their place.
~I would have loved to see the Apparate and Disapparate lessons, but I guess it's not really that important for the movie.
~Harry and Ginny's kiss from the book. It was so much better! I mean don't get me wrong, I like what they have but I honestly think it would have been better the other way.
~"Dumbledore's man through and through." I wanted that line to be in there so bad!! I wanted the fight between Scrimgeour and Harry to be there. It was so important, it was showing that the Ministry was still full of it and I guess foreshadowing that it would be until the end.


Quotes:
~"He's covered in blood again. Why is it he's always covered in blood?" -Ginny Weasley
~"Yes," said Harry stiffly
"Yes, sir." (Snape)
"There's no need to call me 'sir,' Professor." (Harry) pg. 180
~"Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." -Hermione Granger
~"I am a wizard, not a baboon brandishing a stick." -Professor Flitwick
~"I make mistakes like the next man. In fact, being - forgive me - rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger." -Albus Dumbledore


Next up: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

post signature

No comments: