Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Book:
This is the biggest example of me liking the book more than the movie. This one is the first one of big books and it's packed filled with action and cool information that is so awesome it should have been included. This was another fantastic book though.

Favorite Scenes:
~Molly's letter to the Dursleys, the amount of stamps were so funny!
~The Weasleys picking up Harry for the Quidditch World Cup.
~Rita Skeeter's entire role in the book, her interviews and Hermione blackmailing her. It's awesome.
~S.P.E.W.










Movie:
I have to say this is the only movie out of the series that I am disappointed with. It was a great movie but it felt rushed and there were so many things I was looking forward to seeing and just wasn't there. So this is a love-hate thing. Oh, and I hated Harry and Ron's hair. It was so ugly.

Favorite Scenes:
~The Quidditch World Cup was awesome. It worked out great.
~All the tasks were awesome too. The dragons looks so cool, the merpeople could definitely be viewed as scary, and the maze was really creepy. The maze that comes alive!!! Great concept!
~Voldemort is back!
~The Beauxbatons and Durmstrang's means of transportation and their entrances.







Scenes from the book that should have been in the movie:
~The Weasleys picking up Harry from the Dursleys.
~Mr. Crouch's elf and his son being trapped to him. Crouch knowing his son was still alive because he was the one who helped him escape.
~The final task in the movie was disappointing. There are so many cool things that happen in the maze during the book and they dropped it all. The maze in the movie is cool and very creepy but I was looking forward to the monsters and mini-tasks inside it.

Quotes:
~"I bought this in a Muggle shop," said the old wizard stubbornly. "Muggles wear them."
"Muggle women wear them, Archie, not the men, they wear these." said the Ministry wizard, and he brandished the pinstriped trousers.
"I'm not putting them on," said old Archie in indignation. "I like a healthy breeze 'round my privates, thanks." pg. 83 (GOD I love this soooo much! So hilarious!)
~"Blimey, Harry. You've slayed dragons. If you can't get a date, who can?" -Ron Weasley
~"No, I did! Don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you! Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along. I thought we'd be alright, you know, after you figured that out." -Ron Weasley
~"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -Sirius Black

Next up: Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix

post signature

No comments: