Friday, July 22, 2011

Branded by Keary Taylor

Branded (Fall of Angels #1) by Keary Taylor

Fantasy

Rating: 4 Stars


Jessica's had the nightmares for as long as she can remember. Nightmares of being judged for people who have died, of being branded by the angels. Her friends and family think she's a crazy because of it all. Yet she carries the mark of the condemned, seared into the back of her neck, and hides it and herself away from the world.

But when two men she can't ignore enter her life everything changes, including the nightmares. The two of them couldn't be more different. She will do anything to be with one of them. Even tell him the truth about angels, why she never sleeps, and the scar on the back of her neck. But one of the two has set events into motion what will puller her toward her own judgment and turn her into the object of her greatest fear.
First Thoughts: This was another book I found on sale for the NOOK app on my phone so I quickly downloaded it. The covers for this book are so awesome! There are two on goodreads.com and I just love them both. It was hard to pick which one to post but in the end I did.

Writing Style: I am running out of good things to say about the books I have read recently. I fell like I keep repeating myself all the time. I love Keary's writing. It was easy to fall into this story and I didn't have to force myself to read it.

Characters: Jessica is a great character. I instantly sympathized for her. It would suck to have to go through all that pain every time you fall asleep. She is definitely someone I could connect with. Alex seems like the perfect guy too. The instant connection between the two was obvious through the words, something I can understand.

Final Thoughts: You know what? I think angels are the new vampires. That isn't the first time I said that, I think I said that in the Hush, Hush review. Only because it's true. I am loving the angels right now. This definitely gave me my angel fix and I found out there is another one so I can't wait till I read that one.



post signature

2 comments:

Keary Taylor said...

Thanks for the awesome review! ;) Hope you enjoy Forsaken as well!

Devon Ashley said...

I picked this one up too. Hope it's good. :)