Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Book:

This is one of the examples of me liking the book more than the movie. This movie had dropped a few things that happened in the book that would have been really cool to see. This one took a step farther into the darkness. This time people were actually getting hurt, something within the school is hunting people down. The book was small but it had so much detail. Things got worse for Harry but him and his friends conquered it all.

Favorite scenes:
~The guests in the Dursley's house and Dobby. I loved Dobby since he was introduced! He is so awesome!
~The Weasley's flying the car and breaking Harry out.
~Duel class.
~The Polyjuice Potion, Hermione's little mix-up! Uh oh!
~Hermione kicking but and figuring out what the monster from the chamber is and how it's getting around the school.
~Harry saving Ginny.
~Harry freeing Dobby from the evil Lucius Malfoy

Movie:

This movie got just a tid bit darker. Still bright but not as much as the first one. The actors pulled everything off just perfect. My favorite was Dobby of course. He was so funny and adorable. Just perfect.

Favorite Scenes:

~Dobby!!!

~The Weasley's flying car was all made perfect. The Weasley's house and the Weasley family. They are the perfect cast for this family. I love them all.

~The Whomping Willow.

~Ron and Harry in the Forbidden Forest following the spiders. The spiders were so realistic and so many of them. (Personally I'm not afraid of spiders, I love them. I actually have a spider tattoo planned out for me.) Definitely scared my sister who is deathly afraid of them

~The Chamber of Secrets

Scenes from the book that should be in the movie:

~The Death Day party would have been so awesome to see. It's sad it's not in there but what can you do?

~Stealing Snape's potion ingredients. Harry uses a firecracker and Hermione steals them.

~Lockhart's Valentines! Hilarious!

~The Weasleys in the office when Harry walks in with Ginny. It was so dramatic and I thought it would have been a great idea to be included.

Favorite quotes:

"I'll be in my room, making no noise and pretending I'm not there." -Harry Potter

"If you had died, you'd have been welcome to share my toilet." -Moaning Myrtle (book)

"Why spiders? Why couldn't it be 'follow the butterflies'?" -Ron Weasley

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself." -Hermione Granger

"Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?" -Arthur Weasley

Next up: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban


post signature

No comments: