Thursday, May 24, 2012

Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon


Infinity (Chronicles of Nick #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
YA Paranormal
Rating: 5 Stars


At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.
Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.
But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he's next on the menu.
As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?


My thoughts: I have fallen in love with Nick Gautier! I love his sassy attitude, especially when he shouldn't have an attitude because that just makes it so much more interesting. His sarcasm is genius. I would probably still like the book if it didn't have all that snarkyness but all that attitude made him a character we can love and connect with. It's like he's missing that filter that says, "Oy, shut up!" I love people like that. I especially enjoyed this version of zombies. Video games is a genius idea. Since video games makes the kids zombies in their everyday lives anyway, let's throw in the feast of human flesh to make things more interesting. I haven't found a book where the main character was a guy that I enjoyed since Harry Potter. It's nice to have that balance again. I was getting kind of tired of girly drama, now I have my tough boy character that I can't get enough of.
Sherrilyn, you are my new best friend, by the way. You may not know it obviously, but you are. You are more amazing than you think. I may be weird but this girl loves her butt kicking guys and Nick definitely fills that gaping whole. Cannot wait to read the rest of the series and I am definitely excited for Inferno.

Cover: 5/5
Writing: 5/5
Characters: 10/5!!!

Overall score:



post signature

No comments: