Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen


The Fallen Star (Fallen Star #1) by Jessica Sorensen
YA Fantasy Paranormal
Rating: 4 Stars

For eighteen year-old Gemma, life has never been normal. Up until recently, she has been incapable of feeling emotion. And when she's around Alex, the gorgeous new guy at school, she can feel electricity that makes her skin buzz. Not to mention the monsters that haunt her nightmares have crossed over into real-life. But with Alex seeming to hate her and secrets popping up everywhere, Gemma's life is turning into a chaotic mess. Things that shouldn't be real suddenly seem to exist. And as her world falls apart, figuring out the secrets of her past becomes a matter of life and death.

My Thoughts: I love this book. It was the first nook book I bought specifically for my nook and I'm so glad I decided to get it. The thing I love the most is it's something new. I have never read something like this and it's always a great feeling when you read something different. I have to say Gemma is a ditz though, I understand that because she hasn't been able to feel. Honestly if I had met Alex like that I would have punched him straight off. No one would ever talk to me like that. If you want distance from someone, do it. Don't be so mean about it if you don't have to and he definitely didn't have to. Gemma definitely had the right to punch him and she should have. Another great thing about this series is I don't have to wait to read the next one!

Cover: 5/5
Writing: 4/5
Characters: 4/5

Overall Score:



post signature

No comments: