Monday, May 21, 2012

Hourglass by Myra McEntire


Hourglass (Hourglass #1) by Myra McEntire
YA Paranormal
Rating: 4 Stars


One hour to rewrite the past . . .
For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn't there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents' death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She's tried everything, but the visions keep coming back. So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson's willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.
Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he's around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?


My Thoughts: This is another case of getting to read the next book in the series through Netgalley so I have to read the first one situation. And once again, I was not disappointed. It's an exciting book and this is a cool twist on time travel.  I could have done without the intense "I want to be with you but I can't drama" though. I understand how it fits in but after a while it gets tiring of hearing about it. You sit here arguing with the book saying "get over it already" but they don't. Another thing thing I want to mention is the book's cover. I knew this book for a long time because I fell in love with this cover a long time ago. It's so mesmerizing and creepy at the same time. I love it!

Cover: 5/5
Writing: 4/5
Characters: 4/5

Overall Score:




post signature

No comments: