Friday, May 11, 2012

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross


The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles #2) by Kady Cross
Science Fiction/Steampunk
Rating: 5 Stars


In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling - or dangerous.
Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her "straynge band of mysfits" have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade-the dangerous device Jasper stole from him...for the life of the girl Jasper loves.
One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei's neck tightens. And tightens.


My Thoughts: It's moments like these that I love NetGalley. This book was amazing, just as awesome as the first one. Maybe even more. Kady is just so good at building this world on top of the past. Emily is still my favorite character. I love her even more in this book. In the end of the last one she finally stood up and proved she isn't some little girl. In this book she continued to use that attitude and did whatever she wanted. Everyone would think that Griffin held everyone together but honestly I think it's Emily. The action was intense in this one. People kept showing up and you had to second guess who was on whose side. I love it! Before I end this I just have to say one thing. I KNEW IT! I knew all along who the bad guy was, the very hidden bad guy. Now that I remember correctly I was right in the last one as well. I am really good at figuring things out. I sure hope there is another novel in this series. I really do.

Cover: 4/5  (Only because I love it but it wasn't as fantastic as the first one, but fit with the series)
Writing: 5/5
Characters: 5/5


Overall Score:





post signature

No comments: