Saturday, January 21, 2012

Torn by Amanda Hocking

Torn (Trylle Trilogy #2) by Amanda Hocking

YA Fantasy

Rating: 5 Stars

Torn - the second book in the Trylle Trilogy...

Wendy thought she finally understood who she was and what she wanted, but everything changes when the rival Vittra come after her.

She's caught between two worlds, torn between love and duty, and she must decide what life she is going to lead.

First Thoughts: I am so in love with this cover! Well, actually all the covers.They are all so beautiful. The synopsis is kind of small for this one but honestly that doesn't matter. If you have read the first one you know just whats this small synopsis means and know that it's all you need.

Writing Style: I have the same thoughts for the writing in this one like I did for Switched. This one is probably even better than the first one. You can see how much Amanda has grown through the writing, through how much Wendy grew. Just like the first one, I read the reveiws and came up with two solutions for the bad reveiws. 1. They are talking about the self published version and not the new edited St. Martin's printed version. 2. Maybe I get so absorbed in her world that she created that I don't see what those other people see.

Characters: Wendy has grown so much from the first novel. She managed to keep the real part of her though. The one who didn't fit in and wouldn't let anyone sway her from her beliefs. Starting to get annoyed with Finn though. I guess all that makes me annoyed with him is what makes him who he is. Amanda has a way to make her characters seem real and make you want to reach in the book and slap them for not doing what you want them to do just like people do to the TV when they watch sports or a horror movie.

Final Thoughts: UGH! I was literally jumping for joy when I got this ARC. I felt like I was waiting forever to read the next in the series. I am proud to say it didn't disappoint. Like I have said, it's nice to read something other than vampires. It's not just vampires for me anymore, it's also predictable books. More and more books are becoming more and more predictable and it bugs me. This was no where near being predictable. I can't wait to finish the trilogy and read Ascend.

post signature

No comments: