Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ascend by Amanda Hocking

Ascend (Trylle Trilogy #3) by Amanda Hocking

YA Fantasy

Rating: 5 Stars

Ascend... The final chapter in the Trylle Trilogy.

With a war looming on the horizon, Wendy’s fate seems sealed. But everything she sacrificed might be in vain if she can’t save the ones she loves. Her whole life has been leading up to this, and it’s all coming to an end.

First Thoughts: Like the two before it, this cover is awesome. I love the swirls behind the title. I love swirls in general. But anyway, synopsis was just as short as the last one. They didn't need to be long though. If the right voice read this synopsis it would send chills down your spine.

Writing Style: This part is kind of useless to me right now because the writing style is pretty much the same as the last book. So, I'm just going to move right on.

Characters: If you look back Wendy has grown up quite a lot. She started out as the child who gets expelled from school and acts like a brat to become a mature adult who ends up queen. She makes choices no one her age should have to choose. Mistakes that can be pretty bad but she owns up to those mistakes. I may not agree with the choices of this particular character but in the end she owned up to them and that's what's important.

Final Thoguhts: There were parts that I was like "How could she?" Honestly, Amanda did such a good job covering up the end game it was completely unpredictable. I can go ahead and tell you what I expected to happen or what I wanted but that would spoil everything for those who haven't read the series. The series was not disappointing. I loved it! A great addition to my list of favorite books. Amanda Hocking deserves all the things she is getting. She is an amazing writer and has a talent for making great stories.


post signature

No comments: