Friday, May 31, 2013

Ignite by Kaitlyn Davis


Ignite (Midnight Fire #1) by Kaitlyn Davis
YA Paranormal
Rating: 3 Stars


"With one last look, one final search of the lines of his face for some sign, Kira turned and ran away from the sound of the man she loved laughing in the face of her death."
When Kira Dawson moves to South Carolina, she meets Luke, a blond goofball who quickly becomes her best friend, and Tristan, a mysterious bad boy who sends shivers down her spine. Kira knows they're keeping secrets, but when she discovers Tristan's lust for blood and her own dormant mystical powers, Kira is forced to fight for her life and make the heartbreaking decision between the familiar comfort of friendship and the fiery passion of love.

My thoughts: There are good feelings toward this book and bad feelings towards this story. I will first go through the negatives. Did anyone else get a bit of déjà vu when they read this? I sure did. New girl walks into school, the first person she meets is an over eccentric gentleman. In the lunchroom she sits with group of people and notice a group of people who are gorgeous yet mysterious and brooding. I’m not going to say it because I’m pretty sure everyone knows where I am going with this. The point is that there isn’t very much creativity going on here. The characters were a bit bland as well. There were times I couldn’t tell who was talking because there was no voice, I had to go back and reread to figure out who it was. Let’s get to the positive side now. I love the kindle version of the cover. One of my pages on Facebook posted that this book was free so I had to take a look. The cover is what made me look so that is good. That is what you aim for when creating the cover. I also have to say the world that Kaitlyn created is a fantastic idea! I love it! There could have been so much potential for this novel. That is what saddens me. I can see how great this novel could have been. Maybe if I ever get the chance to read the next one in the series it will be better and more original.


Cover: 4/5
Writing: 3/5
Characters: 3/5

Overall Score:

post signature

No comments: