Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wilde's Fire by Krystal Wade

Wilde's Fire (Darkness Falls #1) by Krystal Wade
YA Fantasy/Romance
Rating: 5 Stars

"There is no pain in this death, only peace, knowing I am going to die with the one I love the most." - Katriona Wilde. Katriona Wilde has never wondered what it would feel like to have everything she's ever known and loved ripped away, but she is about to find out. When she inadvertently leads her sister and best friend through a portal into a world she's dreamed of for six years, she finds herself faced with more than just the frightening creatures in front of her. Kate's forced to accept a new truth: her entire life has been a lie, and those closest to her have betrayed her. What's worse, she has no control over her new future, and it's full of magic and horrors from which nightmares are made. Will Kate discover and learn to control who she really is in time to save the ones she loves, or will all be lost?

My Thoughts: This book was awesome! The plot and the story of Kate and Arland really intrigued me. I knew this was a romance novel from the beginning. But the romance didn't stifle the energy and the drama of fighting evil. Because it was such a part of the danger is what got me I guess. It's a different kind of love and it was explained well enough that I don't feel any ill feelings toward the fact that it was like "Oh, I love you!" from the first moment because I understood what was happening.

Kate is a very sypathetic character. She has a lot of issues and doesn't see people clearly but really having faith in people isn't a bad thing. It just sucks when you have faith in the wrong ones, in this case her best friend. Who knew, right? I have a love hate relationship with Arland though. I hate it when people say that she is this powerful being and is very important to their cause yet won't inform her of everything. He did that a lot, the "I will tell you later" thing annoys me. I think by the point where they realized they belong together he should have just stop hiding things.

I am pretty interested into what will happen to Brad and especially Perth. I know something big is coming that refers to him and I find myself a little anxious. Well, it's a good thing I have the next one on my Nook. Time to start reading!

Cover: 5/5
Writing: 5/5
Characters: 4/5

Overall Score:
post signature

No comments: