Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor

What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor
YA Realistic Fiction/Romance
Rating: 4 Stars


Getting drunk homecoming night your senior year is never a good idea, but Jake Hayes never expected it all to end with a car crash and a t-post embedded in his throat.
His biggest regret about it all? What he never said to Samantha Shay. He's been in love with her for years and never had the guts to tell her. Now it's too late. Because after that night, Jake will never be able to talk again.
When Jake returns to his small island home, population 5,000, he'll have to learn how to deal with being mute. He also finds that his family isn't limited to his six brothers and sisters, that sometimes an entire island is watching out for you. And when he gets the chance to spend more time with Samantha, she'll help him learn that not being able to talk isn’t the worst thing that could ever happen to you. Maybe, if she'll let him, Jake will finally tell her what he didn't say before, even if he can't actually say it.


My Thoughts: I loved this book. I literally just had a bad moment in my life pertaining to guys so I was not excited to read a romance novel but when I started reading I couldn't stop. I got trapped in this book. I cannot imagine having something like that happen to me or anyone I know. You do everything with your voice. Personally I would hate the fact I couldn't sing anymore. Now Jake, he couldn't say "I love you" to the girl he loved. That must have killed. Sam was a very interesting character. Strong but at the same time weak. She built up these walls to protect herself and she needed Jake to help bring them down. Sucks that it takes an accident like that to make them all see that.
I think what I loved most about this book was the feeling. Keary was so good with the words and made me feel everything. I literally fell into this book without even trying. Usually when you are broken hearted you don't want to read things like this but it actually made me feel better. It gives me hope.
Amazing book. A definite must read.

Cover: 4/5
Writing: 5/5
Characters: 5/5

Overall Score:



post signature

No comments: