Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Dare to Bleed by Mary Whitten

Dare to Bleed (Emily Sullivan #1) by Mary Whitten
Fantasy/Paranormal
Rating: 1 Stars



Emily is a normal girl with a nosey mother, a deadbeat father she has never met, and a vulgar outrageous best friend. Girls start dying around her apartment, and her love life is being turned upside down. On top of everything, two mysterious men have come into her life and informed her that she is the target of the killer. A vampire named Damon has stolen a book of spells and will do anything to force Emily to relinquish her powers. Powers she never realized she had. Emily must figure out what she is in order to save the life of her best friend before time runs out.

My Thoughts: I didn’t categorize this story as young adult because it wasn’t meant to be. But in reality it was. The lines between young adult and adult seem very vague in this story. The main character, Emma, is an adult but asks like a complete child. Most of the dialogue seemed bland and acted more as filler to make the story longer. The only thing it made me was bored and it took me too long to read it. I wanted to give up but I don’t like leaving books unfinished. Her “romance” in the story doesn’t make much sense either. You know that Ezra is supposed to be the love interest but it never really gets anywhere. They are probably the most immature couple I have ever read about.
            Overall, there was no connecting with any of these characters. I found them one dimensional and very annoying. I didn’t have patience for the book but I was able to finish it and thank god for that. I downloaded this book because the cover was interesting and the synopsis seemed okay. This is one of those times where the judging a book by it’s cover is a bad thing. The cover doesn't even tell you anything about the story. They don't correlate at all. Unfortunately, this book was a complete disappointment.


Cover: 3/5
Writing: 2/5
Characters: 1/5


Overall Score:


post signature

No comments: