Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick


Crescendo (Hush, Hush #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick
YA Paranormal
Rating: 5 Stars
Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.

My Thoughts: Is it too late to go back and change my rating on Hush, Hush? If it's not I might want to change that rating to a three or something. This one was way superior to the first one. I could not even force myself to put this one down. It was one twist after another and you couldn't even guess what was coming next. In this case it wasn't a bad thing. This book was not predictable and that is what I was hoping for.

I was a bit annoyed with Nora in this one though. I get that she's hurting and she is trying to save Patch but there are better ways in doing that. Especially when she is putting herself in danger just for him to come save her. She knew he would even though she expressed her doubts. Of course Patch didn't help much with all the secrets he was keeping.

Overall, I loved the book and I'm glad I waited to read it. Now I have the next one so I can continue reading on without having to wait. That is until the moment I have to get my hands on the next one after that.

Cover: 5/5
Writing: 5/5
Characters: 4/5

Overall Score:
post signature

No comments: