Saturday, March 31, 2012

13 to Life by Shannon Delany

13 to Life (13 to Life #1) by Shannon Delany

YA Fantasy/Paranormal

Rating: 5 Stars

Everything about Jessie Gillmansen’s life changed when her mother died. Now even her hometown of Junction is changing. Mysterious dark things are happening. All Jessie wants is to avoid more change. But showing a hot new guy around Junction High, she’s about to discover a whole new type of change. Pietr Rusakova is more than good looks and a fascinating accent—he’s a guy with a dangerous secret. And his very existence is sure to bring big trouble to Jessie’s small town.
It seems change is the one thing Jessie can’t avoid.

First Thoughts: Another gift from the St. Martin's crew. The cover is so dark I love it. I especially love the tribal marks on the binding. Even though the synopsis was kind of small, it got right to the point and just pulled you in.

Writing Style: I think why I love YA so much is because it's easy to read and it's filled with so much drama to keep you interested. I loved Shannon's voice and have no complaints.

Characters: Jessica is a fantastic character. She is a sweet person and can't hold a grudge. I don't think I could ever do what she does with her "friend" Sarah. I can't even imagine me in that situation and have it playing out in that same way. I would probably hate Sarah for the rest of my life. Pietr is what bugs me though. He allowed himself to get in that position of having a girlfriend and wanting to be with Jess. If he was smart, he wouldn't have done that and kept trying to get with her.

Final Thoughts: I am in love with this book. I am literally glaring at my bookcase for not producing the next in the series (wouldn't that be cool if it did?). No worries, the next book will cross my path one of these days and I will go nuts. The storyline got me thinking so much and that is why I couldn't put it down. That and the mystery of the whole thing. I recommend this book to everyone.

post signature

No comments: