Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter

Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls #2) by C.C. Hunter

YA Paranormal

Rating: 5 Stars

Now that she’s settled in at Shadow Falls Camp, Kylie Galen’s determined to discover the extent of her supernatural abilities. But with a ghost insisting someone Kylie loves is about die, a rogue vampire on a murdering rampage, and her sixth sense telling her someone is watching her, Kylie’s quest for answers is quickly put on hold.

To make matters worse, just when she’s about to give her heart to Derek, a half-fairy, he starts pulling away. When Lucas, a werewolf with whom Kylie shares a secret past, returns, Kylie’s feels more conflicted than ever. Her weekend with her mom should have been the just the break Kylie needs, but it turns out to be her breaking point. Someone from the dark side of the supernatural world has plans for Kylie--and it'll take all her resources to get back to Shadow Falls alive...

First Thoughts: I received this book by St. Martin's so I bought the first one and I LOVED it. I just had to read a different book before this one though and it hurt a bit. This cover is way better than the first one though. I love the falls and the shine of the falls. Very cool.

Writing Style: Still the same thoughts on this area of the book. It was easy for me to fall into this world and not want to leave. Putting the book down was nearly impossible for me.

Characters: In my honest opinion right now with reading this book, I think that Kylie is too good for the both of them. Lucas is obviously full of himself and thinks that he knows everything. He clearly sees what he is doing to her and causing her pain when it hurts Derek but he doesn't care. Derek knows for sure the pain he is causing her but still does it anyway. Kylie is sweet and cares about everyone so much she is afraid to tell them how she really feels because she doesn't want to hurt them and when she does none of them believe her. She has a lot going on in her life and honestly the boys are making it harder for her to figure out her life. Probably intentional though, the boys are just another bump in her road. Personally, I would just run them over.

Final Thoughts: How long is it till the next one? Obviously too long since I don't have it in my hands right now. Depressing but oh well. I'm really glad I found another series that I can just fall into and not be disappointed with. I love it and cannot wait for Taken at Dusk.

post signature

No comments: