Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Shadowing: Hunted by Adam Slater

The Shadowing: Hunted (The Shadowing #1) by Adam Slater

YA Fantasy

Rating: 5 Stars
What would you do if you found out that not only could you see ghosts, but a load of demons were about to cross over into our world, and you were the only person who could stop them? That’s exactly what teenager Callum Scott faces in my new horror series, The Shadowing. His only backup is ghost boy Jacob and his giant spectral dog, Doom. And those demons aren’t going down without a fight. Soon Callum’s being hunted, and by something you wouldn’t want to encounter in your worst nightmares… If you like skin-crawling horror fiction, you’ll love The Shadowing!
First Thoughts: I found this on NetGalley and was completely brought in by the synopsis. I love the cover and when I read the synopsis I had to request it. I was so happy when I got approved (it was my first approval too)!!

Writing Style: Adam got me into this story immediately. I didn't have to force myself to read it and after I finally had time to read the story it went really fast. You could feel the emotions through his writing. I was freaked out and scared at all the right moments.

Characters: I loved Melissa. She is the perfect oddball and she is very smart too. She is good at figuring people out and is clearly a dedicated person. Callum is a boy so I didn't connect with him perfectly but he is a great character. He is down to earth and he may not believe it, but he is very brave. I had no problem falling in love with this character.

Final Thoughts: I loved, LOVED this book! The galley came with a preview of the next book but I'm afraid to read it because I will want to read the next one even more and I have to wait. The only reason it took me so long to read it is because the school year just started and I was super busy, it's like my busiest time of the year. Anyway, when I finally had time I flew right through this. It was a great read.


post signature

No comments: