Sunday, September 11, 2011

Metamorphosis by Devon Ashley

Metamorphosis (Immortal Archives #2) by Devon Ashley

Adult Urban Fantasy

Rating: 5 Stars

Change is not always a good thing...

Some survived the battle – but not without a price. As one heart starts up again, another dies down. The pure vampires learn their immortality isn't as strong as they'd thought – the status of their hearts determines their vulnerability. And when the truth gets out, a betrayal by one of their own will cost more lives.

First Thoughts: I read the first book in this series, Ordained, and I loved it and gave it 5 Stars. So when Devon was having an ARC Giveaway on her blog, of course I jumped at the chance. I was so excited when I actually got it! I love, LOVE this cover. It's so magical. Of course the synopsis got me hooked as well, I like twists and it being all mysterious.

Writing Style: Devon is making me like third person writing a lot more. I like different point of views of the story. Especially here, easier to fall for the twists because you really don't know what's going on (if that makes any sense). I guess the only reason I hated third person was because the wrong people were writing that way. I was always confused. Devon is spot on here though.

Characters: I just love Abby. She can be pushy and over step some boundaries sometimes but she is so fun to read about. I loved Noel in Ordained and because of certain things happening in this book (not going to spoil it) I was shocked and couldn't believe what was happening, but I did and it made me sad. Until the end that is. I'm not a huge fan of Emily though, I don't think I was in the first one either. But she was still a great character, strong and still going through so much in her life, just not my favorite. Valerie is such a sad person. I understand why she does what she does even if the others may not like it. She is strong though even after all she went through.

Final Thoughts: Is Catacombs out yet??? Of course not, sad face. I wish I had more than five stars. Metamorphosis is even better than Ordained but I loved that one too. I feel like I should just add another star for this one. But I can't so it's stuck with five. I loved the twists (even if it made me sad sometimes) they kept me interested through the whole book. No forcing in this book. I blew right through it, when I had the time to sit down and read. Can't wait to find out what happens next!

post signature

No comments: